Monday, May 21, 2012

Me and Survival


After reading many articles about people in life or death situations, I found that many people would go to extreme measures in order to ensure their own survival.  This realization made me wonder how far I might go to make sure my own life lasts a little longer.  One woman I read about actually refused food for weeks to get out of a facility by getting medical attention because the facility treated her so awful.  If I were in such a predicament I am pretty sure I might have done the same.  I have also heard stories of people who ran out of food and actually ate the people who had already passed on.  I can easily say that I would never go that far just to survive!  If I were ever in a situation like that, I would hope not to do anything that may bring harm to another human, unless I knew that they were bound to harm others, then I would know that I might have saved some lives.  To be completely honest though, I do not know how I would react in such a situation because I have never been in one, but I hope that whatever I might do, I would not regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment